Officially Google released a great new features on web world and now sky on to your browser google.com/sky. Where as in past, you already experienced about Google Earth’s desktop versions. And on that time you will get three types of tastes from one place such as Google Sky, Moon and Mars. And sharing with you the features of this new services.
- Zoom and pan the sky, like with Google Maps
- Link to any particular place
- A search box which expands results if something is found
- Different views to switch to, like infrared or microwave
- Best-of galleries with imagery from Hubble and other telescopes
- A podcasts gallery
- The ability to overlays KML (Keyhole Markup Language) files, similar to Google Maps and Google Earth
On the other hand, cNet published a news “sues Google for allegedly stealing the idea for Google Sky“.
Short information are taken from Google Sky Site Launched “In other news from last month, CNet reported that a former Google contractor, Jonathan Cobb, sues Google for allegedly stealing the idea for Google Sky from him. Jonathan claims that he shared the idea for something like Google Sky “in internal e-mail discussion groups when he worked at Google as a contractor beginning in 2006 … The Google Earth Sky layer, when it launched in August 2007, was similar in interface and functionality to what he had conceptualized, Cobb claims.” (Then again, is it the idea of a sky view, or the actual implementation of this, which is interesting and valuable?)”
[via Google Sky Site Launched]