Google’s service gmail recently introducing gmail labs and they define that gmail user and employees at google both hasn’t time to develop or implement the peoples all ideas. But, from settings you can see a new Gmail Lab Tab where you will see the new upcoming features. You can taste out the service. And all things just for experimental purpose and gmail can anytime close anything without any notifications.
- Quick Links: Adds a box to the left column that
gives you 1-click access to any bookmarkable URL in Gmail. You can use
it for saving frequent searches, important individual messages, and
- Superstars: Adds additional star icons. After
enabling this feature, you can choose which icons you wish to use in
the “General” Settings page.
- Pictures in chat: See your friends’ profile pictures when you chat with them.
- Fixed width font: Adds an option to the reply dropdown menu that lets you view a message in fixed width font.
- Custom keyboard shortcuts: Lets you customize keyboard shortcut mappings. Adds a new Settings tab from which you can remap keys to various actions.
- Mouse gestures: Use your mouse to navigate with
gestures. Hold right-click and move the mouse left to go to a previous
conversation, move it right to go to the next conversation, and move up
to go back to the inbox view. Works best on Windows.
- Signature tweaks: Places your signature before the
quoted text in a reply, and removes the “–” line that appears before
signatures. Can’t use this and the “Random signature” Labs feature at
the same time.
- Random signature: Rotates among random quotations
for your email signature. Can’t use this and the “Signature tweaks”
Labs feature at the same time.
- Custom date formats: Adds options to the general
settings page allowing the date and time format to be changed
independent of language. For example, you can use a 24-hour clock
(14:57) or show dates with the day first (31/12/07).
- Muzzle: Conserves screen real estate by hiding your friends’ status messages.
- Old Snakey: Kick it old school with Old Snakey! Enable keyboard shortcuts and hit ‘&’ from the main page to play a game of snake.
- Email Addict: Lets you take a break from email and chat by blocking the screen for fifteen minutes and making you invisible in chat.
- Hide Unread Counts: Hides the unread counts for inbox, labels, etc.
If you like anyone, just enable and taste out the features and hope this will be great and user can share their experiences, problems, facilities and much more funs.
New Experimental Features with Gmail Labs [cybernet]