Melanie Pinola who shared an articles how to avoid fear when you’re in public speaking. She delighted and enlighten few more “behavioral” concepts which makes sense to people.
As the article explains, everyone has a physical “Stop” and “Go” system — also known as “Behavioral Activation System (BAS)” and “Behavioral Inhibition System (BIS)”. These are subsystems in our brain that regulate our behavior and motivation. As you might expect, when the Stop system is activated, we’re more inhibited and likely to have avoidance behaviors, while an activated Go system would encourage feelings of excitement or hope, helping us to act.
To on the “Go” system or appreciating it might release your fear about public speaking.
Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking by Activating Your ‘Go’ System [Via lifehacker]
- Why You Fear Public Speaking, and What to Do About It (psychologytoday.com)
- Top 13 Public Speaking Mistakes (Self Development Blog) [Dr JOY Madden] (ecademy.com)
- Since We’re on the Subject of Public Speaking (sarabarton.wordpress.com)
- If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. (gummibearface.wordpress.com)
- Speech! Speech! (psyliby.wordpress.com)
- You Are Perfect. Not really. (shareyourlovestory.wordpress.com)
- Fearless Public Speaking and Compelling PowerPoint (blogs.sitepoint.com)
- New Course: Conquer Your Fear, Improve Your Career (blogs.sitepoint.com)
- Gay sailor sways panel that ‘don’t ask’ is dead (thenewstribune.com)
- Public Speaking and Vulnerability: “What If I Say Something Stupid?” (shareyourlovestory.wordpress.com)