In my current project as I need to local environment to run the project. I’ve both MAC and Windows machine but switching back and forth is waste of time and I lose motivation and speed of work. Going through some hard time, I’ve decided lets resolve this situation and optimize the mac machine for visual studio 2013 and So, I go through some research and did the local environment setup very quickly and get the job done.
- VirtualBox for Mac
- Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (No Link attached
- Visual Studio 2013 (No Link attached)
- My Project Source Code
- SQL QA Database Backup
Now, I’ve installed the Virtualbox and setup Windows 7. Few things, I wish to note and share
- At first, I took 25GB space for basic installation of SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2013. Reached upto 22GB (Fixed)
- Then, I’ve shutdown the Windows 7 in Virtualbox
- I need E: Local DIsk to install the project
- From your Installed OS (Virtual box left side) list, click to settings -> Storage -> Add storage -> Continue within extra 10GB Space.
- Now, Once created. You have to recheck while within the Windows 7 System. Menu to Devices -> Insert Guest Additional CD Images — click to Install 2 things
- It will find your recently created E Drive. From Windows 7 Partition -> Give the format and make the drive or allocate the drive as E:/ and Active the partition.
- Now share between files and folder (Mac and Windows) — create the bridge by following menu to Devices -> Insert Guest Additional CD Images (Wait for reboot and let it happen)
- MAC Host to Guest (Windows 7), SSH Tunneling approach – http://prntscr.com/aoi4zk
- I’ve noticed some CPU 100% Consumtion issue while memory leaks. Some of the suggestions applied. Still in observation, will try to update eventually
- It’s hard but I try to install most of the genuine software as much as possible. it’s hard to manage things but not impossible.